Tuesday, July 23, 2013

VBS

VBS was this past week at our church and it is honestly an exhausting blast! The kids have such a wonderful time and my mom and I work the kitchen helping my grandmother prepare food for the kids. I have never been to a VBS where you eat such good food as you do at our church. I remember when we got the vanilla cookies and kool-aid. Now they get pizza, sandwiches, breakfast food, hot dogs, and chicken fingers. And most of it is homemade... spoiled rotten kids :-) I honestly think I gained 10 pounds just from being there. ha! Hunter was looking forward to it and I couldn't wait to take him.
 
Gage was even excited too. He loved watching all the kids but wasn't too thrilled when they all started singing. He is used to loud noises but I guess that was beyond too loud!


The "show" was as wonderful as always and Hunter enjoyed watching, singing and dancing along with them.


Since I had to be there early each night all the workers kids came inside and colored before VBS actually started. I don't think Hunter had any objections!
Each night the boys and girls brought money that will go to the youth for their mission trip to Brazil. This is Hunter, Brooks and Micah contributing to the boys bucket. I think overall the boys and girls raised over 1,000 to go to the youth. That is wonderful!
 
Love my little boys to pieces!


Aunt Karen and Hunter coloring before everything started.
Friday night the parents were invited to watch the kids perform their "songs". Hunter jumped right up front and in the middle and boy did he perform. He can be such a shy boy put can easily get up in front of a crowd to sing and dance. I was beyond proud of him!




Gage thought his big brother did a wonderful job!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers