Sunday, March 17, 2013

Welcome Baby Gage!

On March 4th I went home from work early because I was having major pain in my back and I just really felt like I needed to go lay down and monitor it just to make sure it wasn't back labor. I didn't go to the doctor because I knew my water hadn't broken and I was going to the doctor the next day anyway. When I went to the doctor, he confirmed that I was having back labor and was dilated to 3 cm and 70% thinned. YAY! He told me to come back around 6 the next morning to the labor and delivery floor and if I had dilated to a 4 then I would be meeting Gage on the 6th of March. I was up that whole night having contractions so I knew I was going to be a 4 (or better have been, I would hate for all that pain to be for nothing.. ha!).  I was indeed dilated so we got the ball rolling to get the baby here. I had the most wonderful, sweetest and funniest nurses at Russell Medical Center. They were the best!
Labor was slowly progressing so big brother and all the grandparents waited patiently in the waiting room.
This silly cross-eyed boy loves his dinosaurs :-)


By 2:15 pm we had a beautiful 6lb 9oz and 19.5 inches long baby boy.



 Proud Daddy!
 He still to this day does not like baths and does not like his clothes to be changed. Completely opposite from Hunter.. he loved/loves baths and loves not having clothes on.
 sweet little angel
 
It was pretty late before I could get moved to the room where I would stay for the next couple of days so we said our goodbyes to most of the visitors, but not before a late night bible story reading. 

 Once I got settled into my hospital room, we then had a few wonderful visitors and was able to get some much needed rest.



We missed Hunter dearly while we were in the hospital but grateful that we got to see him for an hour or two each day. Those little rooms were insane to try to keep a 3 year old entertained so an hour was just about all he could handle.

Gage was supposed to have been born a few days before Easter so I bought a bunny outfit to take him home in. Well he came a little early and so did the Easter Bunny :-)



Welcome to this world sweet Gage! We are beyond thrilled that you are here and to start this journey as a family of four :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers