Sunday, April 22, 2012

Family Fun

Lately we have enjoyed the wonderful weather and tried to be outside as much as possible. Matt only has a a couple of more weeks of school left and then he will have graduated the RN program at CACC. We are so proud of all of the hard work he has done to complete the program and graduate. The stress of classes ending has gotten to all of the students so Matt, Hunter and I have tried to get outside, relax and enjoy eachother's company. I was watering flowers the other day and accidently got Hunter wet (accidently? I doubt it!) so as pay back he went and grabbed his water gun... that little stinker!
We have also taken Hunter on his first Kayaking trip. Matt's brother, Shane, and his daughter, Elainah, were in town and so he brought his Kayak's and we all went to Hatchett Creek bright and early one morning. The water was freezing but we had a good time. Luke and I were the only ones that fell out of our Kayaks... but we were troopers! It wasn't supposed to rain that morning so we decided to take a longer path so we could ride a lot longer. However right after I fell in the water and was freezing cold.. it started raining lightly and then pouring down raining. We were all freezing cold. We wrapped Hunter and Elainah in three or four life jackets trying to cover every inch of their little bodies so they could stay warm. It definately worked because they were both asleep in about 30 minutes. I told Matt I enjoyed the trip but just felt like I was on the show Survivor when it started raining because I was wet, cold, hungry, tired, etc and we were just trying everything we could to get back to the truck quicker. I never wanted to be on that show and I definitely don't want to now... haha! Over all it was a lot of fun and we were all very sore when we got through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers