Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday!!

Wow time has flown by, I can't believe my little man is now 2. I have enjoyed these past two years and wouldn't trade them for the world. I have never laughed more in my life since he came into this world. He is so sweet yet michevious..... plays practical jokes yet is so tenderhearted and would never want to hurt you on purpose.

For this amazing little 2 year old he decided that he wanted cows and tractors and what better place to make that happen than Nana and Papa's. They have all of that in one place. Perfect!! Hunter got to ride a tractor, talk to the cows (he is not too fond of getting too close to them.. they have a love/hate relationship), eat candy, cake, and ice cream. He was in heaven. After the party he told me he has a lot of fun. It melted my heart to hear that he had fun and enjoyed himself.

Hunter told me that he wanted a cow cake. I told him I would make that happen but I wanted to throw a creative twist on the cake. I have seen where people make a cake out of cupcakes and I was determined to do that with a cow. Mom and I spent hours detailing each cupcake and making sure that everything went in its place. At home it was somewhat of a cow cake (if you turned your head and squinted your eyes.. haha) But it worked! Then I transported them to Papa's and loaded them up in no real particular order.. boy was that a mistake. I unloaded them and had NO idea how to put it back together. I even had a picture to go off of.. Oh well.. we had some colorful cupcakes instead. Next year I will not be using this type of creativity.

Some of the decorations...
What a sweet family :-)
I asked Hunter what he wanted to eat and he said a pickle... I thought I was in trouble because I know I didn't bring pickles... thank goodness Nana brought some out from her catering shop and saved the craving!!
Some of the friends that joined us on the tractor/hay ride
He really wanted to stay on the tractor

He got his very own bicycle for his birthday!
Getting sweet kisses from the girls...
Finally... He got to sit in the driver's seat of the tractor. This boy was in heaven at this point.
Happy Birthday Buddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers