Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day



First mother's day

Little girls have always dreamed, Of one day being grown;
Of having a home and family,And children of their own
As little girls they played the games,With dollies cuddled near;
Of being grown up Mommies,And now that day is here.
For cuddled sweetly in her arms,Of the little girl now grown;
Is the sweetest dream she ever dreamed,A baby of her own
In all the years of growing up,In the games that little girls play;
None will ever be so sweet,As her very first Mother's Day
-By Allison Chambers Coxsey

It seems like just yesterday that I became a mother to Hunter. It has definitely been my honor and privilege to be called his Mom. I do not remember what life was like without him. He as been a treasure to have in mine and Matt's life.


I had the best Mother's Day. We ate lunch with family and then went home to spend the rest of the day just the three of us (Matt, Hunter, and me). We watched movies and played outside!

My mother and I... I do not know what I would do without her. She is not only my mother and Hunter's grandmother, but she is also one of my best friends. She is a wonderful mother and I pray that I can be half the mother to Hunter (and hopefully future children) that she was to me. Thank you Mom for everything!



How in the world could you say no to this little stinker!?!?! He is definitely the light of my world!





1 comment:

  1. Gosh...it seems like yesterday that I was sitting in my room at my house on Park Street and your mom told me the wonderful news that she was expecting you...and now look you are a beautiful mother too! What a blessing indeed! :) Now I look at these priceless pictures and think about how right you are...you indeed have a precious mother! She has loved you with an unconditional and special love...and I know you are passing that along to sweet Hunter.

    Love you,
    KT

    ReplyDelete

Followers