Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Monkey Fun!!

Last Thursday, May 20th, my little man turned ONE! I can't believe it. People always warned me that time would fly by, but I never realized to what extent until I had my own child. Now I think back to that song that states "Don't blink cause just like that, your baby's growing like mine did....." (Can you tell I am having a hard time with him turning one!?!?) To celebrate his birthday we went to eat Mexican for lunch. We even had them sing happy birthday to him and from the look on his face, he really doesn't understand what they are doing and why they are making so much noise!

The lady at the restaurant loves to play with Hunter and so she was going to give him her tambourine to play with. He was not sure about it and just stared at it as if he was asking her "what in the world do you want me to do with that" It really surprised me that he didn't take it from her because he loves any toy and especially one that makes as much noise as possible. He knows it drives his momma crazy! We even had cupcakes for him to eat. He liked the icing until I just had to put a piece of the "cake" part in his mouth and he did not like that one bit. He cried and cried because I put that in his mouth. I even ate one to show him that they were good but that did not matter, his mind was set and it was not going to change.

My grandmother brought him some of my old toys from her house. This one was a phone....notice how it has the phone with a cord attached to it...it's hard to find ones like that anymore. He has a toy that is like a cell phone and so when he plays with my old phone, he picks it up and looks at the cord so strange because he knows we all have phones without cords. So I officially have the "old" toys! The week before his birthday, Hunter was in the hospital for because he had a bacteria infection that caused part of his gut to stop moving, therefore everything was backing up. He was in so much pain but after a day and a half of staying in the hospital, he was much better. Until the last Tuesday when he started running a fever so we took him to the doctor and he had the fever virus. On his birthday he was in the final stage of the virus, so after getting him out of the house for just a little bit (the times he didn't have a fever) wore him out. He has been exhausted for the past couple of weeks, but hopefully soon he will be able to catch up on his sleep.
This past Saturday we had a Monkey Birthday party for him at Marble City Baptist Church. I hope the next birthday parties are easier because I truly stressed over this one. I wanted it to be perfect because we were expecting a huge crowd. Unfortunately some sad things came up and some of the family had to miss and then my cousin graduated from High School so he couldn't make it. I am so proud of him for graduating!

My step-mother, Teresa, made his birthday cakes. She owns Teresa's Catering. This one was for the guests to eat. I will admit, Matt and I are still working on trying to finish this cake. It was HUGE! We are so grateful for her kindness in making the cakes for Hunter, we couldn't have done it without her. Thank you to everyone who helped decorate, buy food, serve, clean up, etc. I am so grateful and in debt to you guys! We couldn't have pulled it off without you.
This was Hunter's cake to "play" in.
This is Hunter and I with Marley and Lyla Grace. Marley and I grew up together and have known each other since Kindergarten. We were both pregnant at the same time but she was due a couple of weeks after me. Well the night before I was to be induced, Marley went to the hospital because she was having contractions. They made her stay overnight and induced her the next day an hour before me. So we ended up having these two precious children across the hall from each other!!! What a blessing!!

He was still not sure about the cake. I guess he was still scarred from me giving him the cake from the cupcake.
We are so thankful for all of the wonderful gifts that Hunter received. He got so many things to keep him occupied for a long time. He got a wagon, tricycle, clothes, toys, money, etc. Wow this child is spoiled rotten!! :-)
Sunday was our rest day. We played outside with the wagon, swung on the swing, and then went swimming. We had a blast having nothing "planned" for the day and just doing whatever we wanted to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment